Monday, July 14, 2008

God selected me…

And you…and each one of us.

I just watched +Gene’s sermon here. “Do not be afraid.”

Fear does rule our lives. I know it is a constant battle that Debbie and I must face. Fear cripples us, most often for only a short time before we are reminded by one thing or another “do not be afraid.”

God selected me…

Not for great things, not for fame or fortune, but to be a witness to God’s love. God selected Debbie and me to live our lives in full view of all who need a ray of hope, a message of love.

God loves me…

And you…and each one of us. Totally. With a wholly, Holy Love.

We are made in the image of God. We cannot remake God in our own fearful image. We cannot be crippled by our own fear or by the fear of others. In the name of Jesus, we have to stand up and claim that which God has given us – that wholly, holy love that comes from God alone.

May God have mercy on all who fear. May we reach out, stand up and speak loudly about God’s love. May we remember to love first ourselves just as God loves us. Then, may we remember to love those who do not know just how much God loves them…or us.

2 comments:

David@Montreal said...

Amen sister Amen

'We are made in the image of God. We cannot remake God in our own fearful image. We cannot be crippled by our own fear or by the fear of others. In the name of Jesus, we have to stand up and claim that which God has given us – that wholly, holy love that comes from God alone.'

hugs for Debbi and you
your brother

David@Montreal

Barbi Click said...

Thank you, David!

The essence of Tucker

I found this essay while looking for something else. It brought a smile to my heart to remember how inquisitive Tucker was, how SO Alive he ...