Monday, August 11, 2008

Giving Thanks

I am especially thankful on this spring day in midsummer here in St. Louis. It is rather amazing to this native Texan that a mid-August day could actually be pleasant, cool even

I am also thankful for the presence of Matt here with us. He is up from Austin for a long weekend but far too short of a time as far as his mom, Tucker and I are concerned. But we are truly thankful for this bit of time. He heads back to Texas today.

One thing for which I am exceedingly thankful is being in this Diocese with Bishop Wayne Smith as its diocesan. I want to write much more about that soon.

However, right now…I am going to go enjoy the last few hours of Matt’s visit.

No comments:

The essence of Tucker

I found this essay while looking for something else. It brought a smile to my heart to remember how inquisitive Tucker was, how SO Alive he ...